The Santa Maria College enrolment policy provides enrolment preference to girls from Catholic primary schools in our region. The College is also mindful of our Good Samaritan tradition, demonstrating an inclusive approach for applicants from non-Catholic families where parents ask for their daughters to be educated in the Good Samaritan tradition.
If you have not applied but would like to make a late application, please contact the Registrar, Kylie Lawtey, by email email@example.com or phone 9488 1630.
Enrolments are accepted throughout the year. Applications for entry to Years 8-12 are usually taken in the year prior to enrolment. Placements are offered following a successful interview with the Principal or member of the Leadership Team.
In processing applications for entry to the College, the priority for entry will be:
1. Sisters of students currently enrolled at the College
2. Daughters/Granddaughters of past students of the College
3. Catholic students attending a Catholic parish primary school*
4. Catholic students attending a Catholic primary school (pastoral reasons)
5. Catholic students attending a government or other non‐government school
6. Non‐Catholic students attending a Catholic parish primary school
7. Non‐Catholic students attending a government or other non‐government school
The offer of enrolment is at the discretion of the Principal who will consider each case on its merits, in light of enrolment priorities and the College Mission Statement, and taking into account any special circumstances.
*Priority Parishes include: Alphington, Brunswick East, Brunswick North, Brunswick, Brunswick West, Bundoora, Clifton Hill/Collingwood, Coburg East, Heidelberg West, Kingsbury, Lalor West, Northcote, Preston, Preston East, Preston West, Reservoir, Reservoir East, Reservoir North, Thomastown West, Thornbury, Thornbury East
Students of other faith traditions are welcome to apply.